Conditions of entry: Whitsunday Times - 2014 Calendar photo competition
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must submit a photo of the Whitsundays which they have taken themselves. The image must include full names of persons in the image, location it was taken and details of person who took the image.
An electronic version of the image can be submitted by:
(a) email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
(b) delivered to Whitsunday Times office, Suite 2.4, Whitsunday Business Centre, Cannonvale.
A maximum of four images may be submitted for each Contestant.
2. Prizes: The 12 winning images will be published in the 2014 Whitsunday Times calendar. 10,000 copies will be distributed throughout the Whitsunday region. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 6am Thursday, October 17 and closes at 5pm Friday, November 29 (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
4 Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
iiii) This competition is open to amateur photographers. Professional photographers are not eligible to win. A professional is defined as someone whose main income or core part of their business is based on photography.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Image requirements
(i) Image must be landscape (horizontal)
(ii) Images must be submitted electronically and supplied in JPEG or TIFF format
(iii) Images must be available in high resolution over 1MB
(iiii) Images must be taken in 2013
(iiiii) Images must be taken in or around the Whitsundays with the location specified
(iiiiii) Written consent must be obtained from any persons appearing in the image, with consent to appear in the Whitsunday Times 2014 calendar.
6. Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected after the Closure Time and prizes awarded following image validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in The Whitsunday Times on Thursday 5 December, 2013. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
7. Prizes awarded: 12 images will be awarded winners and appear in the 2014 calendar.
Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
9. Entries and privacy: By entering the Competition you warrant that you are the sole author and owner of copyright in your submitted image/photograph and that your submitted image is entirely your own work. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement). All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be used only for competition purposes. Under the Privacy Act the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to other parties unless specified.
Promoter: Adhoc Pty Ltd trading as Whitsunday Times Unit Trust