Terms and Conditions
APN ARM – TOOLBOX
1. These terms and conditions relate to the TOOLBOX (competition).
2. The promoter of the Competition is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 (ABN 21 009 657 943), Telephone number: (07) 3327 3304 (Promoter). Email: email@example.com. Permit Number: LTPS/16/06787.
3. By purchasing a Toolbox Advertising package, (as defined in Clause 19) you accept these Competition Terms and Conditions, and Finda Terms and Conditions at http://www.finda.com.au/lc-ad-terms-conditions/
4. At all times, any participant has the option of opting out of the Toolbox Competition. Advertisers can write or email the Promoter at the address shown (see Clause 2) to request they take up the opt-out option.
5. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
6. Subject to clause 10 inclusive, entry to the Competition is open to, and automatic for all purchasers (Contestants) of a Toolbox Advertising package in the publications outlined in Clause 14.
7. Persons authorised to purchase advertising on behalf of a business/Company must be 18 years and older and an Australian resident.
8. The following persons are ineligible to enter the competition:
· Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
· The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), off such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household).
· Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal name change.
9. Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded prizes to an ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
10. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, when a participant purchases the Toolbox Advertising Package during the Promotion Period, the Contestant automatically receives one (1) free entry into the Competition.
11. All contestants are eligible for one (1) free entry in the competition regardless of whether they purchase one (1) or more advertising packages.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, $45.00 per week (inclusive of GST) is the prevailing market value of the Toolbox Advertising Package.
13. Entries that contain any incorrect personal information or contact details of the Contestant will be deemed invalid entries and will not be eligible.
14. Advertising Packages will be available for purchase in these publications:
NORTHERN NSW REGION:
· The Northern Star
· The Daily Examiner
· Ballina Shire Advocate
· Byron Shire News
· Coastal Views
· Lismore Echo Rural Weekly NNSW Edition
· Seniors Central Coast
· Seniors Coffs & Clarence
· Seniors Northern NSW
· Coffs Coast Advocate
· Richmond River Express Examiner
· Woolgoolga Advertiser
· Tweed Daily News
15. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period to be deemed valid entries (see Clause 22).
16. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
17. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been gained using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
18. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a Contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
19. The product inclusions available in the Toolbox advertising package are:
· 5x2 full colour Trades & Services classified advertisement
· 3 page mobile responsive website including hosting and on-going changes and support
· Premium finda online classified listing
· Premium Find Your Local online directory listing
· Standard Unlimited Service Central referrals.
· Packages must be purchased between September 12, 2016 and 5:00pm (AEST) October 21, 2016 to be eligible for free entry.
· Advertising must commence prior to November 30, 2016.
· The cost of the Toolbox Advertising Package is $45.00 per week for 52 weeks (12 month subscription).
TAXES AND DELIVERY COSTS
20. Any taxes and delivery costs which may be payable as a consequence of the Contestant purchasing an advertising package and/or taking part in the Competition (other than specified) is the sole responsibility of that Contestant.
21. Individual Contestants should seek advice from a suitably qualified tax professional about the applicable tax implications for them.
22. The competition commences on September 12, 2016 and closes Friday October 21, 2016 at 5:00pm (AEST) (‘Promotion Period’). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
23. There one (1) 2016 Toyota Hilux SR5 Extra Cab Pickups to be won, retail value up to $56,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
24. Prize specifications may be located at: http://www3.toyota.com.au/hilux/specifications/sr5-4x4-extra-cab-pick-up-28I-turbo-diesel-manual
25. The winner of a Ute will choose the colour of their Ute, as per manufacturer’s available range of colours.
26. The Ute will be ordered for delivery to the Toyota Dealership nearest to the Contestant’s residential address.
27. There is one (1) consolation prizes of $1,000.00 cash plus $250.00 in Google Ad Words.
28. The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is up to $57,250.00 (inclusive of GST).
29. There will be one (1) finalist contestant randomly drawn from all contestants in the Northern NSW Region (see clause 14).
30. There will be one (1) finalist draw commencing at 10:00am October 28, 2016 at APN Newspapers, 3/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006.
31. The winning finalist will be contacted after the draw by telephone and email.
32. If the winning finalist cannot be contacted, a redraw of another finalist will take place as per these Terms and Conditions, with a random redraw commenced at 10:00am (AEST) October 31, 2016 and the finalist contacted by telephone.
33. The finalist contestant will be invited to the Daily Examiner office, 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460 (at the contestant’s expense), to play “Spin the Wheel” to win either a Ute or $1,000 cash plus $250.00 Google AdWords.
34. The finalist contestant will play “Spin the Wheel” on the following date at the following venue.
· Northern NSW Region – Friday November 11, 2016 at the Daily Examiner office, 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460.
35. If the finalist contestant does not attend for their chance to play “Spin the Wheel” their chance of winning a Ute and the consolation prize of $1,000.00 cash plus $250.00 Google AdWords will be forfeited.
PLAYING SPIN THE WHEEL
36. The finalist will be given one (1) opportunity to choose a number between 1 and 100 prior to “Spin the Wheel”.
37. Once the finalist’s number has been chosen, the number is entered into the electronic ‘Wheel’, then the finalist will electronically ‘spin the wheel’.
38. If the wheel stops on their chosen number, they will win a Ute.
39. If the wheel stops on any other number except their chosen number, they will win the consolation prize of $1,000.00 plus $250.00 Google Ad Words.
40. Proceedings will be overseen by an independent external scrutineer.
41. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
42. The chance of a finalist winning a major prize is 1 in 100.
43. Upon validation and verification of the chosen number and “Spin the Wheel” numbers, the prize for that contestant will be announced.
44. The finalist will be advised by the Promoter on how and when their prize will be provided to them.
45. The consolation prize of $1,000.00 will be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the winning finalist contestant’s elected bank account. The consolation prize will be paid within six (6) weeks from the winning finalist contestant being notified they have won.
46. Google AdWord prizes will be delivered to the consolation prize winner by APN Newspapers Pty Ltd and will commence within six (6) weeks from the winning finalist contestant being notified they have won.
47. The prize of Ute will be organised through the closest Toyota Dealership to the winning finalist contestant. Toyota will advise the winner upon ordering the vehicle of the expected delivery date.
46. All prizes (except cash prizes) are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
47. If the specified prizes becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
48. The winner will be provided with instructions as to how the winner can claim their prize and establish his/her entitlement to the prize.
49. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
50. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification as per these terms and conditions.
51. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
52. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
· Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by The Promoter or any Contestant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
· ii) Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
· iii) Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
· iv) Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
· v) Any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
53. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes unavailable or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
54. All Contestants enter the competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (“the Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Contestant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including, without limitation:
i) Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
ii) Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
iii) Any liability for personal injury or death.
55. All Contestants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products and services.
56. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulations, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
57. The Contestant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, uses and disclose personal information about the Contestant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia.
58. The Contestant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter at the address shown in Clause 6, however existing uses of the images and recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
59. The Promoter may contact the Contestant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.