THE childcare centre referred to outlined the course of action taken in regard to their staff member after allegations of molestation.
Steps taken included:
- Critical incident reporting procedure initiated on the same day.
- Written report compiled and sent to management.
- The centre conducted an investigation into allegations, which included interviews with some staff.
- The employee was stood down from duties pending the outcome of investigations.
- The employee was given written notification of the allegation and invited to respond.
- The employee provided both a written and verbal response to the allegation.
- The employee's files were reviewed for any previous matters. (However, it's believed the employee had only worked in the region for a few months).
- The internal investigation found, "on the balance of probabilities ... the allegations were not substantiated".
- Queensland Department of Education, Training and Employment notified and they investigated.
- A letter was sent to parents of that centre advising there had been a complaint of inappropriate behaviour with a child, which could not be substantiated.
- The family was told their employee "will be transferring to another centre in order to support their ongoing wellbeing as well as that of your child and your family".
A spokesperson for the centre concerned issued the following statement:
"We take child wellbeing concerns very seriously and conducted our own internal investigation and did not find evidence of any wrong-doing. Police also investigated and informed us they will not be proceeding any further with this matter."
Police were also contacted for comment, however, a senior child protection and investigation unit officer said they were not able to comment. The officer said the family should contact police again if they felt the case should be pursued.
Located approximately 20kms from Sarina on the Old Marlborough Highway sits this potential filled property which is your chance for a real bargain. Property...
Two lots of approximately 100 acres each to choose from less than 45 minutes to Mackay at Koumala. Ideal rural lifestyle lots, level and easy to farm. All the hard...
This 744 sqm allotment is situated within the secure gated Residential Estate in the Mackay Marina Precinct. Building is well advanced in the estate with prestige...
Elevated to capture the breezes and view, this home offers a family lifestyle to be envied. The well-appointed kitchen has good cupboard space, walk-in pantry, gas...
Exceptionally well presented small grazing proposition of 202 acres of mostly all cleared and pastured country. Frontages to the tidal Murray and Jollimont Creeks.
This charming and lovingly maintained residence is set on a 800sqm block and is walking distance to the Mount Pleasant Shopping Centre. The fully tiled home is...
Set on an elevated 787 m2 block with panoramic views from the Mackay Harbour to Rural View, this well maintained family home offers spacious living in a superb...
This home in sought after Ooralea has been carefully designed with meticulous attention to detail, innovation and the use of quality materials and fixtures...
This impeccably maintained 3 Bedroom Townhouse presents as a perfect holiday retreat or residence for full time living. Imagine how good it could be living...
Located on a spacious 827 sqm block in the heart of Marian, you will find this 5 bedroom family home. Its striking entrance immediately gets your attention as...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.