TWO senior Queensland Health officers have been stood down amid allegations they misappropriated "significant dollars".
Premier Campbell Newman said on Tuesday the Crime and Misconduct Commission would investigate their conduct without intervention.
"There's an allegation of impropriety involving significant dollars," he said.
"The other previous government used the CMC as a political weapon. This is a matter for the CMC, let's see what comes out of their investigation."
Queensland Health's Director-General Dr Tony O'Connell issued a statement on Monday confirming the two officers had been stood down.
"The suspensions follow allegations of official misconduct," it read.
"I take these matters very seriously and have referred this issue to the CMC for thorough investigation.
"The officers in question have been suspended on full pay pending the outcome of the investigations."
The alleged conduct is not believed to be linked to Joel Barlow, also known as Hohepa Morehu-Barlow when he claimed he was a Tahitian prince, who is accused of swindling $16 million from the department.