The Whitsunday River Improvement Trust (WRIT) is seeking expressions of interest for the position of Trust Engineer. The Trust maintains assets in various river systems within the southern sector of Whitsunday Regional Council boundaries namely the OConnell River, Proserpine and Gregory as well as minor assets within various creeks. The annual Trust activities will include urgent repairs following a significant event, minor Capital Works and annual Maintenance Programs.
The Trust was formed to implement flood mitigation and stream bank erosion protection. In recent years government policy and funding has required the Trust to focus on improving water quality and reducing sediment to the Great Barrier Reef. The Trust has authority to inspect and reinstate banks after an event.
The Engineer will be required to:
1. Assess any damage to assets after a significant event;
2. Develop strategic plan in consultation with the Trust for the future direction of the Trust;
3. Allocate and manage the design process for Capital Works Projects
4. Create and manage a five (5) year asset and in-stream maintenance program for appropriate streams within the WRIT area of responsibility;
5. Update and maintain the Asset Register;
6. Revalue assets on a bi yearly basis in accordance with financial requirements;
7. Apply relevant standards, legislation, policies and procedures;
8. Liaise and assist the Technical Officer in respect of their duties; and
9. Attend meetings in Proserpine as requested to update the Board on any matters;
The remuneration of the Trust Engineer will be based on an annual retainer to cover meetings, phone calls, maintain the Asset Register, indexation of the Asset Register etc plus an hourly rate for the various activities approved by the Trust. The Agreement will be for three years.
The Engineer will have experience in Riverine management and must have current professional registrations and qualifications including status as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (REPQ).
Please address all applications to the Secretary, Whitsunday Rivers Improvement Trust, P O Box 1341, Proserpine Q 4800 including a resume, details of relevant experience and copies of professional qualifications and registrations as well as proposed retainer and hourly rates.
Applications close 24th July 2020