Drive a short 5 minutes from the Port of Airlie, through the tropical rainforest to arrive at the summit of Mount Whitsunday. Feel the cool of a unique micro-climate high above the Whitsunday township and catch your breath as you marvel at the unique setting of this award-winning residence with its sweeping 300-degree ocean and island views of the sparkling Coral Sea.
Nestled into Mount Whitsunday, this home has been masterfully designed by Paul Curran, principal of PUSH Architects, to maximise the outstanding natural features of the north-facing site.
The design offers outstanding practicality with an emphasis on modern open plan living
featuring beautiful Tallowwood joinery, gourmet kitchen with a spacious pantry and 4 king-sized bedrooms, each with breathtaking views. Extra attention to design, engineering and construction techniques have made this a rock-solid home able to withstand the worst mother nature can bestow.
The covered terrace with BBQ kitchen is perfect for outdoor entertaining and is enhanced by a stunning mosaic-tiled pool. Other features include an internal lift adjacent to the oversized garage, a climate-controlled wine and storage cellar, solar panels, back up generator, reticulation, and water tanks.
Wander through low maintenance gardens which include a fire pit and an extensive tropical orchard. A flat grassy pad at the property entrance features a large shed for additional car parking and boat storage. All these features complete the picture of a magnificent property where quality, design, and build have created a stunning residence.
- Domestic "Domus" lift from garage entry level to each level
- 4 king size bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1 powder room
- Well appointed kitchen, Corian Benchtops, Meile oven, steam oven, intergrated fridge, Highland gas cooktop, Walk in pantry
- Laundry with Corian benchtops, ample storage throughout the home
- Architecturally designed and custom-made tallowwood joinery
- Tallowwood flooring on ground level
- Tretford goats hair carpet and European tiles on second level
- Quality fixtures and fittings throughout - including Haiku Big Ass Fans, Winkleman tiles, Australian made tapware
- European basins, toilets and European lighting throughout
- External, undercover BBQ/kitchen/dining area
- Ducted Air-Conditioning throughout
- Fully tiled pool, mosaic tiles, Enviro Swim' pool with heating
- Hot water shower in pool area
- Beautifully fitted out, temperature controlled wine cellar
- Solar panels - 6.5kw
- Double garage plus 6m x 6m shed with undercover parking bay
- Orchard featuring over 50 different species of tropical fruits
- Reticulation to the gardens
- Town water + 35,000 litre rainwater tank with switch over system and first flush system.
- Connected to town sewerage system
- 17 KVA generator - capacity to run entire house at maximum power use
- CCTV systems in place. Auto security gate to the property
- Tennis Court on estate, maintained by the body corporate
- Land Area: 8,275sqm
- House internal area: 365sqm
- Shed area: 45sqm
- Rates per annum: $4,300 approx
- Body Corporate fees per annum: $4,000 approx
- Home completed in December 2015