FIGHT Night II Tropic Thunder had everything.
A huge crowd of about 800 people flocked to Whitsunday PCYC on Saturday Night for the second chapter of the extremely popular event.
Whitsunday Boxing Club trainer Paul Barrett was very satisfied with the outcome of the night and the performance of his fighters.
"Bigger and better than the first one," he said.
"Our tiny little boxing club performed extremely well against the bigger gyms from Sydney." He said he had already had phone calls from people interested in booking corporate tables for Fight Night III which is scheduled for October.
Whitsunday PCYC Activity Officer Kylie Smith said it was definitely a successful night from their point of view.
"It was spectacular to see the Whitsunday community supporting their local boxers and the atmosphere was electric," she said.
Whitsunday Police praised the behaviour of the crowd and said there was no trouble in town after the fight night.
1. Todd Slaughter defeated Nelson Honnor from Whitsunday Boxing Club (WBC)
2. Brendan Rouge (WBC) defeated Dallas Singh
3. Iain Jacques (WBC) defeated Sunny Brar
4. Kickboxing exhibition
5. Danny Zealand (WBC) defeated James Nicholson
6. Daniel Peacock defeated Jamie Towers (WBC)
7. Sammy Gannon (WBC) defeated Ben Slaughter
8. Ewen McKellor (WBC) drew Todd Blacklock
9. Anton Zafir (WBC) defeated Tom Prgomelja
10. Ngakau ‘Volcano’ Spain drew with ‘F-16’
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.