Accused stabber banned from Warwick

A MAN accused of stabbing his cousin with a hunting knife has been banned from entering the town of Warwick.

Nathan William Charles has been in jail since August 2016 after he was arrested in Warwick following a fight with his cousin.

Mr Charles, who was granted bail at Brisbane Supreme Court on Monday, allegedly used a small hunting knife to stab his cousin four times during a fight.

The court heard he faced an attempted murder charge but that was downgraded to intending to commit grievous bodily harm during the court process.

Justice Debra Mullins said there had been bad blood between Mr Charles and the victim and his family before the fight.

Mr Charles was granted bail on Monday on the condition he not drink, commit crimes or enter Warwick except to go to court.

Mr Charles's lawyer Andrew Anderson said he believed the prosecution case was weak. A trial is set begin in Warwick on May 8. -NewsRegional

News Corp Australia

Learn how to code your own app or game

premium_icon Learn how to code your own app or game

Learn to code your own computer game.

New flags help RSL members show state pride

New flags help RSL members show state pride

Airlie Beach/Whitsunday RSL Sub-Branch proud to fly state colours.

Holly sold on a life Down Under

premium_icon Holly sold on a life Down Under

Aussie break suiting Holly.