FIRST there was Kylie and Danni, then Paris and Nicole and Jessica and Ashley Simpson – now the world welcomes another pair of famous sisters.
In just three months time Allure of the Seas joins her sister, Oasis of the Seas, to bask in the limelight and share the crown of being the world’s largest and most innovative superliners when she launches at the end of the year.
Sometimes being the younger sister can be tough – especially when your older sibling has set some very high standards.
Oasis of the Seas caused a stir when she launched late last year. She broke many records – not just being the biggest ship on earth – but also the most imaginative the world has ever seen.
Oasis of the Seas introduced the concept of neighbourhoods on ships, has the first living park at-sea, debuted the first ever at-sea production of Tony Award-winning musical Hairspray, has a 4 metre deep aquatheatre for spectacular acrobatic and diving performances.
Not to be outdone, Allure of the Seas has a few tricks up her sleeves to prove that, while similar to her older sister, she has star qualities all of her own.
Allure of the Seas is officially 5 millimetres longer than the 360 metre Oasis of the Seas, which technically makes her the biggest ship in the world.
"Chicago: The Musical, one of Broadway’s longest-running and most recognisable theatrical productions, will headline in Allure of the Seas’ Amber Theatre.
One of the world’s most recognisable companies, GUESS, will debut its first flagship store at sea in Allure of the Seas’ Royal Promenade neighbourhood.
Allure of the Seas will be launched in early December 2010 and offer seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries sailing weekly from Port Everglades, Florida.
Vacationers can even combine the two sailings into a 14-night grand holiday voyage. Prices for a seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Allure of the Seas start from AU$1019.
Allure of the Seas facts:
- Allure of the Seas shares the title of the world’s largest and most revolutionary cruise ship with sister-ship Oasis of the Seas.
- An architectural marvel at sea, she will span 16 decks, encompass 225,282 gross registered tons, carry 5,400 guests at double occupancy, and feature 2,700 staterooms.
- Allure of the Seas will tout Royal Caribbean’s exclusive neighbourhood concept of seven distinct themed areas, which will include Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone.
- The ship will alternate a Western Caribbean with an Eastern Caribbean seven-night itinerary from her home port of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Additional information is available at www.AllureoftheSeas.com
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.