Arson charge dropped over Wood St house fire
IT'S been more than a year since devastated residents were left with nothing after a horrific house fire tore through their property early one Saturday morning.
While bricks are being laid for a new home where theirs once stood, questions still remain over who was responsible for destroying their home and killing a beloved Maltese fox terrier in October 2017.
Only one person, Timothy Guy Clift, has ever been charged with the crime but in May last year, the arson charge was dropped due to a lack of evidence.
Police remain on the hunt for any information that might help catch those responsible for the shocking blaze.
Mr Clift maintained his innocence throughout the legal process, saying he would rather have gone to jail than plead guilty to a crime he says he didn't commit.
He said he was yelled at on the street, lost contact with family members and his own house lease was not renewed after being charged.
All the while he held hope the case would be dropped.
"I didn't do it, I wasn't going to plead guilty to something I didn't do,” Mr Clift said.
"I would have preferred to go to jail with my conscience clear.”
Mr Clift now resides in Brisbane and is studying to be a social worker.
Police investigations into the fire remain ongoing but the case is so far unsolved.
Anyone who knows anything about the fire is urged to phone Warwick Police on 4660 4444.