Firefighters securing the building.
Firefighters securing the building.

BREAKING: Staff evacuated after fire in council chambers

 A FIRE on a stove in a staff kitchen has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.

Fire crews are on site and the blaze has been extinguished.

Nobody was injured in the fire, and staff are gathered outside the building until it's safe to return to work.

A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.
A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick. Jayden Brown

Finnish friends take in Whitehaven

Finnish friends take in Whitehaven

Finnish friends take in Whitehaven Beach.

Residents urged to take advantage of home improvement grants

Residents urged to take advantage of home improvement grants

Residents urged to take advantage of home improvement grants

Local family gives hope to homeless with selfless act

Local family gives hope to homeless with selfless act

Local family gives hope to homeless with selfless act

Local Partners