Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.


Whitsunday United farewells 2020 in style

Premium Content Whitsunday United farewells 2020 in style

It was a tough but successful season for the Whitsunday United Football Club.

Border opening gifts hope for bumper Christmas season

Premium Content Border opening gifts hope for bumper Christmas season

The Whitsundays welcomed visitors from southern states for the first time in months...

Great Barrier Reef spawning to be broadcast live

Great Barrier Reef spawning to be broadcast live

Massive Aussie phenomenon streamed live G