Fire truck
Fire truck Tessa Mapstone

Electrical fault causes fire emergency at service station

A FRIDGE on fire has seen a service station become smoke-logged in Landsborough this morning.

One Queensland Fire and Emergency Service crew responded to the call at 10.10am and extinguished the blaze "straight away".

A QFES media spokesman said the fire was caused due to an electrical fault in the compression unit of the fridge.

The service station on Railway St had smoke pouring out of it.

QFES are no longer on scene.


‘Logistical nightmare’: Bowen Seagulls face uncertainty

premium_icon ‘Logistical nightmare’: Bowen Seagulls face uncertainty

Restrictions on spectators at matches and strict hygiene rules are plaguing clubs...

Flying start for the Whitsundays’ newest airlines

premium_icon Flying start for the Whitsundays’ newest airlines

Hundreds of people have secured seats to the region since the announcement was made...