Escape: Mackay travel agency charters direct NT flights
THE perfect opportunity to both escape Queensland and help a Mackay business has arrived.
If Uluru is on your bucket list, you can now fly directly from Mackay.
Travel Associates Mackay is the first travel company to operate charters direct to Uluru.
"COVID-19 and the subsequent closing of domestic and international borders has meant we have had to look outside the box and create travel opportunities for our clients," Travel Associates Mackay owner Debbie Rains said.
"People are keen to start travelling again, albeit fairly close to home and to other COVID-safe locations.
"Which is why we have put together a fully inclusive weekend flying direct from Mackay to Uluru, meaning you do not need to travel through another city.
"Not only does this maximise your weekend in the Red Centre timewise, but also enhances your safety."
The Uluru Weekend get away will depart Mackay on Friday November 20 and return Sunday November 22.
It includes two nights accommodation at Sails in the Deserts with a sunrise and base tour of Uluru and the art installation Field of Dreams.
There is also the opportunity to experience the Sounds of Silence Dinner.
Departure: November 20-22, 2020
Cost: From $1970 per person twin share*
- Direct return economy flights direct from Mackay to Uluru airport travelling on Alliance Airlines Fokker F-100 (91 passengers)
- Return hotel transfers from airport to hotel
- Two nights' accommodation in a twin share superior room at Sails in the Desert Hotel porterage
- Priority check in - including free guest activities program in Tour Square Breakfast daily
- National Park Pass valid for three consecutive days
- Uluru Sunrise and Base Tour (5 hours) - Saturday morning - including return hotel transfers with tea, coffee and biscuits
- Field of Light Star Evening (1.5 hours)
- Sounds of Silence Dinner (4 hours) - From $229 per person
DAY BY DAY BREAKDOWN
Day one - Friday
Your flight departs Mackay with Alliance Airlines at 10.30am before arriving in Uluru at 1.10pm.
Stay at Voyages Sails in the Desert for two nights. The remainder of the day is free to explore the hotel and/or the National Park. Join the hotel's free guest activities program in Tour Square. Book a spa treatment at the Red Ochre Spa, relax by the pool or book a tour through the Tourist Information Centre located in City Square.
Sounds of Silence Dinner (4 hours) - From $229 per person.
Dine under the stars with nothing but the beautiful expanse of desert and majestic Uluru for kilometres around.
- Return transfers from your hotel
- Secluded location with Uluru as your backdrop - Sunset drinks and canapes
- 3 course buffet dinner
- Silver beverage package
- Didgeridoo performance, star talk and stargazing
Day two - Saturday
Uluru Sunrise and Base Tour (5 hours). From the Uluru sunrise viewing area, see the horizon change hue even before the first rays of sunlight break through. As the sun reaches the horizon, light shoots across the desert. Uluru sits in an endless sea of red dunes.
Guided walk to Mutitjulu Waterhole. The tour showcases ancient Aboriginal rock art, desert flora and wildlife and the Indigenous history of this sacred site.
Visit the Uluru - Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre to learn about the Tjukurpa or Aboriginal law that still governs this culture before browsing for the ultimate souvenir.
Field of Light Star Pass (1.5 hours): As darkness falls, 50,000 glass spheres gently come to life. Covered under a sky brilliant with stars, Field of Light beckons you to explore and lose yourself momentarily in the rhythms of coloured light.
- Panoramic view of the Field of Lights from Dune Top Area
- Sparkling wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages
- Outback style canapes
- Return coach transfers
Day three - Sunday
Alliance Airlines departing Uluru at 2pm arriving in Mackay at 5.40pm.
Travel Associates Mackay is on 1300 234 946