Five ways to reward behaving children
AS A parent, it can be hard to balance the good with the bad, but it is vital not to forget about positive reinforcement.
While you may spend all your time running around after a naughty child, giving them attention, the good kids deserve your time and energy too. Just as the naughty child needs acknowledgement for doing the right thing.
Here are five ways to reward a well-behaved child
1. Praise. Nothing works better or is more effective.
2. Give them something they have earned. This might be a toy, more time on their favourite game, a friend sleep over etc.
3. Affection and attention. Sometimes it just takes a hug.
4. Food. "I don't want ice cream", said no child ever.
5. One-on-one time. Whether it's a girlie day with mum, or boys day out fishing, some quality one-on-one time is magical for children.