Woman suffers facial burns in gas stove explosion

The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.
The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.

A WOMAN has burns to her face after a gas stove explosion at a Toowoomba CBD cafe.

Emergency services were called to the Shingle Inn about 7.15am to reports of a gas stove explosion.

Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics are treating a female employee for minor burns to her face.

RELATED: Exploding stove shocks emergency service personnel

She is expected to be transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service is on scene.

Workplace health and safety authorities will investigate.

 


Scorcher to top 47C before massive 16C temp drop

Premium Content Scorcher to top 47C before massive 16C temp drop

Queensland to receive cool change following heatwave

Why shopping local scents makes perfect sense

Premium Content Why shopping local scents makes perfect sense

From Christmas in the Whitsundays to a relaxed night in, Manarlee has a scent for...

IN PICTURES: Major facelift headed for Bowen Hotel

Premium Content IN PICTURES: Major facelift headed for Bowen Hotel

The building is set to undergo some serious renovations with plans offering a...