Hey zoo-keeper, do you let lions out to play at night?
"YOU can't keep them if they're dangerous, right?"
"How do you mow the lawn when there's an alligator in there?"
"Why isn't that tortoise moving?"
"Do you let the lions out to play at night?"
Those questions are just some Darling Downs Zoo zookeeper and owner Stephanie Robinson has been asked over the years.
You'd be forgiven if you thought these questions were coming from children, but believe it or not, Mrs Robinson said she got just as many silly questions from adults.
"One of the other ones is 'does it bite?'," she said.
But she said it wasn't only the questions that made for great memories, but the way people acted at the zoo as well.
"We found a grandma in the pen with the alligator with her grandchild and when we asked her to get out she said 'Why? He's not hurting it!'."
"We've got an African big cat called a serval that likes to sit inside a log. One day, we had a little girl ask, 'is that a giant lady bug?'"
She remembered hearing strange noises one day and found a middle-aged man throwing rocks at a tiger.
She yelled at him to tell him off, saying he was an idiot and an adult and wouldn't like it if he'd have rocks thrown at him.
"Then someone said that apparently he was a member of the Bandidos. I don't know how true that is though!"
Mrs Robinson said she believed the source of the strange questions was a lack of education.
"Some people just don't know about animals."
The zoo is at 21 Baines Rd, Pilton, and open every day except Tuesday from 9am to 4pm.
WHAT THEY'VE BEEN ASKED
- Does it bite? (everything)
- You can't keep them if they're dangerous right?
- How do you mow the lawn when there's an alligator in there?
- Why isn't that tortoise moving? (It's a statue)
- Can we see the big brown snake? (It's not a big brown snake, it's a boa constrictor)
- Can I take the lion home?
- Can I take the alligator home?
- Is that a giant lady bug?
- Do you let the lions out to play at night?
- Why does the llama spit?
- Why does the monkey have a red butt?
- April Fool's Day prank - Can I speak with Mr G Raff?
- Where are the dinosaurs?