Letter from Sydney siege gunman missed in ‘error’

A LETTER sent to Federal Attorney-General George Brandis by the Lindt Cafe gunman was missed by the federal siege review because of "human error", a Senate hearing was told.

The letter was missed because someone had failed to realise it was on the second page of a spreadsheet, department staff told the hearing.

"It was a human error essentially," deputy secretary Tony Sheehan told senators.

Senator Brandis originally said the letter had been included, but earlier this month Foreign Minister Julie Bishop told parliament the document had not been supplied because of an administrative error.

Monis and two hostages died as the 17-hour siege in Sydney was ended on December 17 last year.


Be prepared to take on mould

Be prepared to take on mould

Resident of the tropics have enter the yearly mould combat.

Family is given the best news

Family is given the best news

Little Mia now cancer free.

Items allegedly stolen while resident slept

Items allegedly stolen while resident slept

Items allegedly stolen while resident slept