Mum's shocking discovery in baby's chicken lunch

The bone found in a product sold as 100% chicken breast.
The bone found in a product sold as 100% chicken breast.

A TOOWOOMBA mum has expressed her shock and horror at discovering a sharp bone in a chicken product she was about to feed to her baby.

The bone was found in a packet of chicken fingers sold as "`100% chicken breast" at a Coles supermarket in Toowoomba.

"I bought these as a quick lunch option for (my baby) and me but I won't be giving them to her," the mum posted on Facebook.

"I'm just glad she was still napping so didn't get to eat them first.

"Although this is only a small bit, it's sharp and could be dangerous for babies."

The product that contained a 'dangerous' chicken bone.
The product that contained a 'dangerous' chicken bone.

However, the mum admitted that the packaging contained a warning that the product could contain chicken bones.

"I totally understand accidents happen, but seriously?

"It must be pretty common if they write that on the box."


Expert warns too much screen time can cause eye strain

premium_icon Expert warns too much screen time can cause eye strain

A Whitsundays optometrist is urging people to limit screen time during COVID-19...

Robbie Katter calls for local ‘rag’ support

premium_icon Robbie Katter calls for local ‘rag’ support

Robbie Katter laments the loss of regional titles

Decision made on popular Proserpine sports carnival

premium_icon Decision made on popular Proserpine sports carnival

The Paul Bowman Cup brought more than 4000 people to Proserpine last year