Nick Cannon has apologised to Mariah Carey for confirming their marriage is on the rocks last week and reportedly gave her permission to take their three-year-old twins, Moroccan and Monroe, out of New York City, as
Nick Cannon has apologised to Mariah Carey for confirming their marriage is on the rocks last week and reportedly gave her permission to take their three-year-old twins, Moroccan and Monroe, out of New York City, as "he knows he really upset her by speaking out of turn." Bang Showbiz

Nick Cannon has apologised to Mariah Carey

NICK Cannon has apologised to Mariah Carey for confirming their marriage is on the rocks.

The 'America's Got Talent' star, who announced "there is trouble in paradise" and they have been "living in separate houses for a few months" last week, visited the '#Beautiful' singer at her home in New York City yesterday (26.08.14) and gave her permission to take their three-year-old twins, Moroccan and Monroe, out of town, as "he knows he really upset her by speaking out of turn."

A source told E! News: "She asked Nick to come over to the apartment yesterday to talk--that's why he was there.

"She told him she needed to get out of town and she was taking the kids with her. Nick was fine with it. The reports about him being concerned about the welfare of the kids aren't true. If he was worried, the kids wouldn't be with her, period. He thinks she's a good mom."

The duo, who got married in 2008, also agreed that Mariah, 44, will be the one to officially announce their divorce, as she is "done taking a passive role" in their split.

The source added: "She told him there would be one announcement about the divorce and it was going to come from her team.

"Nick said he was fine with this too. He knows he really upset her by speaking out of turn last week and has apologised for it."

A friend close to Mariah previously admitted she was "devastated" over 33-year-old Nick's comments last week because "they had agreed to work on a statement together."


The knockout blow for our lockdown-hit north

Premium Content The knockout blow for our lockdown-hit north

As if coronavirus restrictions hadn’t battered north Queensland tourism operators...

Blasting works to shut road for an hour next week

Premium Content Blasting works to shut road for an hour next week

Department of Main Roads advises motorists to plan for the closure.

Free workshops as Safe Work Month campaign goes digital

Premium Content Free workshops as Safe Work Month campaign goes digital

The initiative kicks off on October 1 and will offer 22 sessions free of charge...