No confirming new Daniel bid
POLICE yesterday would not confirm reports a new taskforce had been set up at police headquarters to review evidence related to the suspected abduction and murder of Daniel Morcombe.
But his parents Denise and Bruce Morcombe hope a media report detailing how 30 to 40 detectives had been seconded to sift through some of the 18,000 job logs related to the 13-year-old's disappearance from Woombye seven years ago is true.
“We're happy if the investigation is continuing and they're checking everything again,” Mrs Morcombe said.
“It doesn't matter how long it takes, we just want an answer. We've been waiting this long.
“We just hope they're going over each lead, one by one, checking cars, phone numbers and different people.
“Everyone's human and they can make mistakes or miss something.
“There might be something sitting there they can investigate further.”
A statement from Police Media said the Queensland Police Service remained “committed to utilising all possible strategies and resources to bring the investigation to a successful conclusion”.
“The investigation surrounding the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe is ongoing with the current inquest being an important part of that process. As the investigation is ongoing it would not be appropriate to comment any further,” the statement said.
The Morcombes have sat through three weeks of an inquest into their son's disappearance.
The inquest is due to resume on March 28 for two weeks.
The coroner is expected to hear from persons of interest number 5 and 7, who have horrendous backgrounds, as well as associates.