Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.


Man bailed during Schoolies

Man bailed during Schoolies

Bail for man here for Schoolies

Bowen swimmer topples eight-time Olympian

Bowen swimmer topples eight-time Olympian

Bowen swimmer topples eight-time Olympian

Bon tastes world cup action

Bon tastes world cup action

Bon tastes world cup action

Local Partners