Pyke, Pez, Ladyhawke due north
JOSH Pyke, Pez, British India, King Cannons and Xavier Rudd are coming to CQ.
They are the bands and musicians announced in the first line-up for Mackay's River Sessions event, which seems to grow and attract bigger acts and crowds each year.
Organisers from 4 Eva Young Entertainment say the River Sessions line-up for this year will be the biggest in the festival's history with some of the best musical acts in Australia and a wide range of genres, from rock, hip-hop, dance/electronic, pop, indie and alternative rock.
Also on the bill is Ladyhawke, Closure in Moscow, Yacht Club DJs, Stonefield, Luke Million, The Rubens, Dream on Dreamer, Parachute Youth, Atarii Tonight and Brad Butcher.
The second announcement will come on May 7 and will include more headline acts, and some "new surprises".
The festival will feature two main stages with over 11 hours of diverse entertainment, including the silent disco which was added and proved to be a huge hit in 2011.
Organiser Adrian Young said he and the team were excited to have secured world-class acts like Xavier Rudd, Ladyhawke and British India which will all have new albums out by June.
British India was in Rockhampton in February performing new and old favourites including the band's newly-released single, I Can Make You Love Me.
Josh Pyke will play four shows around the country in May before his River Sessions appearance.
First-release tickets for $80 (plus booking fee) are now for sale and second-release tickets will be $90+BF and available once first release tickets are sold out.
If you go
- What: River Sessions 2012
- Who: Xavier Rudd, Ladyhawke, British India, Josh Pyke, Pez, Tonight Only, Yacht Club DJs, Stonefield, King Cannons, Luke Million, The Rubens, Closure in Moscow, Dream on Dreamer, Parachute Youth, Atarii Tonight, Brad Butcher and more announced on May 7
- When: June 30
- Where: Ooralea race track, Mackay
- Cost: First-release tickets $80+BF on sale now. Second release $90+BF
- Tickets: riversessions.com.au/