Case of NRL agent accused of killing jockey adjourned

LAWYERS acting for an NRL agent accused of killing a former Kingaroy jockey have asked for more time to make submissions about evidence in the case.

Paul Bruce Sutton, a Sydney-based player manager, is accused of manslaughter over the death of Shaun Miles on May 24 last year during a fight at Kingaroy.

A solicitor, acting as agent for McGirr James Hall &

Associates in Sydney said they needed two weeks to prepare a submission to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

The Crown indicated it would need two weeks to reply.

The case was adjourned until February 10.

Sutton, who remains on bail, is believed to have been staying in the South Burnett town to watch the Queensland Open Schoolboy Rugby League carnival.


Bravus shelves plans for Bowen office development

Premium Content Bravus shelves plans for Bowen office development

Plans for a new Bowen Rail Company office that would have employed an extra 50...

What’s next for Mackay ice trafficking case

Premium Content What’s next for Mackay ice trafficking case

They were arrested as part of police operation Romeo Suitcase, which targeted an...

Townsville car thieves now targeting Mackay suburbs: Camm

Premium Content Townsville car thieves now targeting Mackay suburbs: Camm

Whitsunday MP Amanda Camm said the Palaszczuk Government’s amendments to new youth...