Can you see why this lunch was deemed 'too unhealthy'? Picture: Laura Lee/Facebook
Can you see why this lunch was deemed 'too unhealthy'? Picture: Laura Lee/Facebook

School claims lunch was ‘too unhealthy’ to eat

A MUM was furious when a school deemed her child's lunch box "too unhealthy" - despite it being packed with nutritious food.

Meal time assistants found the food unacceptable, but the baffled mother couldn't see why.

It turned out the problem was with the three mini cookies included in the box.

Mum Laura Lee said that staff at the school stopped her son from eating the chocolate chip biscuits.

She posted a picture of the offending meal on Facebook in a comment thread where teachers had shared stories about the worst school lunches they had seen.

Teachers had seen everything from kids only turning up with Red Bull and Monster Munch to cold McDonald's leftovers.

Can you see why this lunch was deemed 'too unhealthy'? Picture: Laura Lee/Facebook
Can you see why this lunch was deemed 'too unhealthy'? Picture: Laura Lee/Facebook

But Laura said of her lunch box: "I thought it was pretty balanced - evidently not."

Others replied to Laura's lunch box story and were outraged at the assistants' decision.

Susan McGowan wrote: "Absolute rubbish that he wasn't allowed to get those small cookies.

"Everything in moderation surely."

Martin Harry said: "I would kick the f*** off big time!

"Food is taken off a child and made to be hungry rather than the child eating. Since when was that healthy."

-Read more.


'Alcohol trance': Man can't remember violent attack on ex

premium_icon 'Alcohol trance': Man can't remember violent attack on ex

He hit her with a shovel and squeezed her throat in front of kids.

How your recycling is being turned into careers

premium_icon How your recycling is being turned into careers

Find out how your recycling is giving the community a helping hand.

The rest we forget: Our homeless veteran shame

premium_icon The rest we forget: Our homeless veteran shame

A staggering number of veterans experience homelessness every year