THIS type of loan lets borrowers secure or fix part of the loan as well as let the remaining amount be put on a variable rate.
A Split Home Loan is a cautious way of borrowing.
1. There is a protection against interest rate rises with the fixed rate component.
2. If rates reduce there is less vulnerability due to the variable rate component.
3. Additional payments are only allowed on the variable portion of the loan.
1. The benefit of splitting may be minimal.
2. Set-up fees, discharge fees and account fees on both the fixed and variable portions may be charged.
3. Penalties may occur for making higher repayments on the fixed portion.
4. Penalties may occur if the fixed portion of the loan is paid off before the due date.
Let a ratesonline broker contact you about Split Home Loan.
Read more ...
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.