Teen allegedly raped at sleepover

A SLEEPOVER that allegedly became a night of hell for a 13-year-old girl has shocked seasoned police and shaken an entire Sunshine Coast hinterland community.

Police will allege the teenager was bound to a bed inside a home on a property south of Maleny shortly after 6pm on Friday.

Over the next 16 hours, the young girl is alleged to have been repeatedly raped, tortured, drugged and sodomised by her captors.

Coast police said the alleged abuse was some of the worst they had seen.

Police alleged a woman, not related to the teenager, picked up the girl from her home about 5pm on Friday and handed the 13-year-old's mother a note.

The note reportedly said the victim's friend would be at the couple's address after she returned home from school.

Police will allege that the man held a large knife to the young girl's throat and the victim's underwear was cut with scissors and her brassiere ripped from her body.

She was then allegedly bound to a bed by her arms and legs and a horrific series of indecent acts were then committed on her.

It will be alleged she was repeatedly raped, forced to drink alcohol, smoke and take unknown white tablets.

Police said the 13-year-old had been conscious throughout her ordeal.

The woman allegedly made threats to kill the girl before then threatening to take her own life.

The man reportedly telephoned family and friends where he, too, allegedly threatened self harm.

An infant, believed to belong to the couple, was also in the house during the alleged events.

Police said the couple returned the 13-year-old girl to her home at 9.30am on Saturday.

The Daily understands the young girl's body was covered in bruises and burns.

Police allege the teenager was assaulted with multiple weapons including high heels, syringes and fists.

She was admitted to Nambour General Hospital for treatment about 12.30pm.

Caboolture police arrived at a hinterland address just after 4pm.

A 40-year-old man and 32-year-old woman were arrested and taken into custody.

The couple have been charged with a range of offences including attempted murder, torture, sexual assault, deprivation of liberty and threatening violence.

The couple opted not to appear at Caboolture Magistrates Court yesterday morning.

Magistrate Paul Johnston adjourned the case until May 17 to allow an interpreter to be present for the 32-year-old woman.

Prosecutor David Bradley told the court that the prosecution would seek to have the case heard in a closed court.


Spaniards loving the Aussie sunshine in Airlie Beach

Spaniards loving the Aussie sunshine in Airlie Beach

Spaniards loving the Aussie sunshine in Airlie Beach.

MV Banks finally departs the Whitsundays at a cost of $365k

MV Banks finally departs the Whitsundays at a cost of $365k

MV Banks finally departs Whitsunday Island on the high tide.

Spaniards hit the deck around Dolphin Point and Nara Inlet

Spaniards hit the deck around Dolphin Point and Nara Inlet

Spaniards hit the deck around Dolphin Point and Nara Inlet.

Local Partners