Tourism on show
IT WAS a night of glitz and glamour at the Whitsunday tourism awards at Daydream Island on Saturday night with more than 300 local operators attending the celebrations.
Fantasea Adventure Cruising was inducted into the Hall of Fame after winning the Unique Accommodation category for Reeflseep and the Tourist Attraction category for Reefworld for three consecutive years.
Fantasea also won awards in two other categories.
Paradise Bay Eco Escape scooped the pools - taking out three categories for their environmental approach to accommodation.
The Award Winners
- Small Business – Non Tourism – Write Away Whitsundays
- Significant Business – Non Tourism – Community Solutions
- Tourism Education and Training – Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE
- Specialised Tourism Services – Airlie Day Spa
- New Tourism Development – Kipara Tropical Rainforest Retreat
- Tourism Marketing – Boathaven Spa Resort
- Tourism Restaurant and Catering Services – Fish D'vine
- Tourist and Caravan Park – Airlie Cove Resort and Van Park
- Backpacker Accommodation – Beaches Backpackers
- Hosted Accommodation – Paradise Bay Eco Escape
- Unique Accommodation – Whitsunday Escape
- Standard Accommodation – Ocean Hotels and Tourism – Club Crocodile Resort Airlie Beach
- Deluxe Accommodation – Peppers Palm Bay
- Steve Irwin Eco Tourism Award – Paradise Bay Eco Escape
- Excellence in Sustainable Tourism – Paradise Bay Eco Escape
- Tour and/or Transport Operator – Air Whitsunday Major
- Tour and/or Transport Operator – Fantasea Adventure Cruising
- Festival or Event – Fantasea Adventure Cruising – Fantasea Cracker Night
- Adventure Tourism – Wings Diving Adventures – Wings 2 and 3
- Tourism Attraction – Daydream Island Resort and Spa – Living Reef
- Major Tourist Attraction – Whitsunday Regional Council – Airlie Beach Lagoon
- Young Achiever's Award – Libby Edge – Eco Barge Services
- Outstanding Contribution by an Individual – The Oatley Family – Hamilton Island