TRIAL: Witness recalls finding mate "shocked and bloody"

THE friend of a man who claims to have been beaten by an Anderleigh woman says he remembers finding his mate shocked and bleeding.

As the trial of Maree French continues in Maryborough District Court, the court has heard further details about the night the accused allegedly entered Allan Dierens' home with two other men, beat him, broke his finger and threatened his life.

Ms French faces court accused of entering a dwelling with intent to commit an indictable offence, and assault occasioning grievous bodily harm.

In day one of the trail on Monday, the court heard Mr Dierens' account of what happened one night in March, 1997.

According to the complainant, his former lover Ms French had accused him of chasing her children during a phone call, before she allegedly entered his Anderleigh cottage and attacked him.

Mr Dierens said after the attack he called his friend Glen Fuchs for help.

Mr Fuchs was questioned in court on Tuesday.

He said he had received a call from Mr Dierens at some point that night, but could not remember the exact time, before going over to the complainant's house.

"He was in a state of shock, dishevelled, one finger was sticking out at a funny angle," the witness said.

"There was blood on him ... I can't be sure of where the blood was coming from, I just remember there was blood."

Defence Barrister for Ms French, Paul Rutledge said Mr Dierens did not have his finger broken during the incident that night.

He suggested to Mr Fuchs that his memory was wrong, given the length of time between the incident and now.

A Sergeant and a Senior Constable who were involved in the investigation of the reported incident were also called as witnesses.

At the time of the incident, the Senior Constable was responsible for photographing the scene and the complainant's injuries. Photos had been produced of Mr Dierens' face and right ear, which had lacerations on them, as well as his bruised legs.

Mr Rutledge highlighted that no evidence of any other injuries had been produced, including any broken fingers.

During day one of the trial, the court heard Mr Dierens had allegedly been abusive towards Ms French in the past.

The trial continues on Wednesday.

Meth-taking truckie stops for a snooze on busy road

Premium Content Meth-taking truckie stops for a snooze on busy road

Truck driver had drugs in his system when he blocked road

DON'T MISS IT: Activate your free bonus for big rewards

Premium Content DON'T MISS IT: Activate your free bonus for big rewards

Did you know you can get even more – for free?

‘Very compelling’ plan could save COVID-19 jab rollout

Premium Content ‘Very compelling’ plan could save COVID-19 jab rollout

Proposal for pharmacists to join COVID-19 jab rollout sooner