Rockhampton region estate agents join the exclusive club
IT wasn't quite a hole-in-one yesterday for Yeppoon real estate agent Daniel Spyve.
The Harcourts Yeppoon agent decided to take to the fairway yesterday for his birthday, but it meant he wasn't able to attend an exclusive function on the Sunshine Coast for the top 90 real estate agents in Queensland.
Daniel was fortunate to have made the cut, which officials are calling the Queensland "A-list" for property agents.
He told The Morning Bulletin yesterday his wife was due any day now to give birth to their third child.
It was because of this he wasn't able to attend the A-list event in Brisbane this week.
"It's all about consistency and having the ability to list and sell a house constantly," Daniel said about his success in making it onto the list.
Annette Waddel of Cooke Property Agents, Greg Sullivan of Professionals Emu Park and Daniel Spyve of Harcourts Yeppoon were the only three Capricornia agents who made the exclusive list.
The 90 agents from geographically diverse pockets of the state were identified based on their successes and stock volumes, information on their activity, listings, marketing and methods of sale. Independent analysts verified the data.
The A-list event took place on Tuesday this week. It was the first event of its kind in Queensland.
The leaders on the A-list, who held the lion's share of activity in their local markets, were Ben Chick from Harcourts in Mackay and Michael Willems of Ray White in Surfers Paradise. Mr Willems has sold $85 million worth of property so far in 2013.
- The A-list event was sponsored by Mercedes Benz and was held at The Emporium in Brisbane.
- According to statistics on the event, the agents who made the top 90 list carried similar traits and characteristics.
- More than half were between 32-46 years of age and one-third use a hard copy diary.
- One-fifth don't wear a watch. Of those who do, they prefer Tag Heuer, Breitling Bentley and Citizen
- Most drive a Mercedes, followed equally by Nissans, BMWs and Mazdas and five in eight of the A-list men wear a tie to work.
- Other interesting facts about the A-listers were that 93% would not use an auto reply on their email, 86% took a holiday at least every year,
- 66% go for a fortnight maximum and 60% go overseas.