Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 


Shifting winds keep crews on even keel

Shifting winds keep crews on even keel

Shifting winds keep crews on even keel.

Iconic trail run attracts interstate runners to the region

Iconic trail run attracts interstate runners to the region

Iconic trail run attracts interstate runners to the region

Theatre plagued by 'seemingly endless compliance issues'

Theatre plagued by 'seemingly endless compliance issues'

No end in sight to cyclone damaged cultural hall reopening.

Local Partners