VIDEO: Here's how you can reduce the spread of flu
MANY areas of Queensland are reporting higher numbers of flu so far this year than usual. Health professionals are warning people to be vigilant.
TIPS | How you can reduce the spread of flu:
- Frequent handwashing (soap and water or an alcohol-based hand gel).
- Stay at least one metre away from people who have flu-like symptoms.
- Use a tissue or the inside of your arm when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in a rubbish bin straight after use.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, taps, tables, benches and fridge doors with soap and water.
VIDEO | How a flu virus can trick a single cell into making a million more viruses: