WHAT WE KNOW: Everything on Mackay’s rugby league season
COMPETITION ALL CLEAR
Following the Premier's announcement on Tuesday, all outdoor community sports events will no longer have a limit on crowds as of noon on Friday, July 3. That ruling allowed Rugby League Mackay and District to green light the 2020 senior and junior seasons.
- Eight-week regular season with a two-week finals series.
- Brothers, Carltons, Wests and Magpies make up the four Mackay teams in the competition.
- Townsville Brothers and Norths Townsville are set to join the competition, bringing the total to six teams.
- Talks still ongoing about a Central Highlands team also joining the senior competition.
- Fixture expected to be released sometime next week.
- Season start date is August 1.
- There WILL be a premiership to play for.
- All fixtures will run at the Mackay Junior Rugby League grounds.
- With the crowd limit restrictions lifted from July 3, RLMD can now run all age groups on the same weekend. Previously, considerations were made to stagger matches through the week and/or play on alternating weekends to accommodate.
- Fixtures will be released in coming weeks.
- Only two Mackay Cutters players allocated to local clubs at the start of the year remain in Mackay - Ata Hingano (Brothers) and Luke Dolbel (Sarina).
- Second-year and older Cutters players would normally be able to choose their Mackay club allegiance. However that may change under the circumstances.
- RLMD chairman Adam Wright says he will be in talks with the Cutters and participating Mackay clubs about player allocation over the next week.
PLAYERS FROM NON-PARTICIPATING TEAMS
- Players from Moranbah, Sarina, Whitsunday and Souths are free to be loaned out to the participating Mackay clubs, according to RLMD chairman Adam Wright.